Image Courtesy: http://www.walthamstow-hall.co.uk
Here are some facts about IT, Telecom industries which you can share with your colleagues (of opposite sex ;-)) to impress them during coffee breaks, Enjoy.
- 72% of Americans view the worst cell phone habit as unnecessarily loud conversations in public places, while 65% say the worst e-mail habits is sending along chain e-mail and using poor grammar.
- India's wireless sector added 2.49 mln new users in July 2005, taking the total number of customers to 60.366 mln. The Cellular Operators Association said 1.954 mln customers have signed up for GSM services in July 2005.
- Given price equiality between mobile and land lines, more than 50% would cut the land line.
- 50% of Australian children now own a mobile phone, which they use for a wide array of services beyond calls and SMS, according to Nielsen//NetRatings.
- India currently has 25 mln internet users, which is expected to grow to grow to 100 mln by 2007-08, says Internet and Online Association of India.
- According to IDC, China and India will experience the highest growth in professional software developers between 2003 and 2008 with compound annual growth rates (CAGR) of 25.6% and 24.5% respectively.
- Software exports from the city of Bangalore (India) shot up 34% in April-August 2004 compared to the same period the previous year, government agency Software Technology Parks of India said.
- 81% of UK companies to increase outsourcing in the next 2-3 years. India will take a first mover advantage of 75% of outsourcing, there is close competition for second place, between Central and Eastern Europe (28%) and China (25%).